About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Sunday, January 24, 2010

False Alarms

Am so sick of them. Went today to the hospital for the 3rd time. Contractions started this morning at 3am, got worse at 6am, let up at about 9am and restarted about 10am. But, as there was no further progress, I was sent home, again. Was given a shot, I was told would either ease the pain, and allow me to rest, or would send me into labor. Luckily I was able to get some rest, which I needed a lot. Next OB appointment is Tuesday. I'm hoping that I'll make it that long. Blood pressures are looking good. Have chiropractor on Wednesday and Friday, and MG meeting on Wednesday night. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make them all, the meeting especially. I don't wanna miss out on that. I'm really looking forward to it, but to make it to those depends on what my body's doing, and whether or not mom is able to take me, cause I'm really not driving myself at this point.
My contractions usually last for about 5 1/2 hours, today was the longest time, and the worst ones. The shot that I got has helped, still not feeling the pain 8 hours later, but I've been itching like crazy on my face and feet. Friend thinks it's probably a mild allergic reaction. Mom says to mention it next time I go in to hospital or Tuesday when I see the nurse practitioner, whichever comes first.
Am hoping the OB appointment comes first.
At this point I'm at 1cm, 75% and -2. No real change since last night in that case.
Other than that, I can't really think of anything else, but then my mind is slightly groggy from the meds, not majorly, just enough that I have a hard time remembering things....(just a bit worse than normal. *^_^*)
Will keep updating.

No comments:

Post a Comment