About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

She's here.


Ayla Isabel Stockton was born January 27, 2010 at 8:17 am. She was 8lbs, 9oz and 21in long.
Ayla, Sean and I are all doing well. Ayla is great and hardly ever fusses and is getting to where she barely fusses when her diaper or clothes are changed.
I am recovering quite well from my surgery, and am able to lift her out of her crib. Our room is slowly regaining order as I regain my strength and energy. I go in a few weeks to see the surgeon again for a follow uo, and 3 weeks to see the OB for another.
During delivery, although it went well, I had no strength or energy, (probably due to the gallbladder attacks) and a vac was used to bring Ayla into the world.
Had my gallbladder removed on Saturday, and started to make a decent recovery shortly after being returned to my room. Ayla and I finally left the hospital on Sunday, which we were all glad to be finally leave.
She is amazingly alert, and rarely fusses. She had her first bath last night, and didn't make a sound.....maybe cause she had been fed before hand? lol.
I think if I let her she would almost sleep the whole night as well. She's come close a few times, but I woke her up to feed her.
I've been blessed with this little girl, her Daddy and I both love her and are very happy with our little-bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment