About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Over analyzing

That's what I'm doing, and it's not aspects of my life.....it's fiction stories.....And this class is over analyzing all aspects of them, and it's driving me crazy. It's hard to enjoy a story, when you're sitting their questioning the narrator's "motive" for sharing that particular story....I'm mean come on! can't we just enjoy the tale for what it is without the analysis?
I am really disliking my English Comp II class, and I usually don't have a problem with writing papers for the most part....but this instructor is taking it to the limits. Gah! I guess in all reality I'm not going to enjoy all my classes, but I shouldn't be falling asleep as I'm taking notes! :p
I love reading, and I like writing.....my opinion on the topic dictates whether or not I "love" writing at that time. lol.
Now, in all honesty, if I was going to be an editor, I can see over analyzing every little detail, but I'm not...I'd get way too annoyed. Haha. This is one of those things, like college level math, that I see as pointless for me to learn, just because it's stuff I don't plan on using in my life! So I'm doing my best to keep my brain from entering "shut down mode" like it tends to do with math and such, but this instructor is not helping his cause.
....I lost my train of thought, but maybe that's for the best. Haha. Had to stop to pull a wooden fish piece away from Ayla (one of those where the fish matches it's shape in the board), cause she was eating the fish...and it's wood...not a good thing. She's tired, and it time to wake Sean for work. So this is tonight's post. Night y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment