About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Monday, November 14, 2011

Firsts

"There's a first time for everything". I've heard that quote, I've even said it myself.
However, after tonight, there are some firsts I could live without, and am hoping those firsts don't become a second and third, and so on and so forth.
Got my dishes done today, cooked dinner, made coffee (mostly for Sean, but I took a cup too), ate dinner, stuck Ayla on the toilet, and then in the tub. Wash her hair, and body, and let her play. Go back in a minute later, and she's pooped in the tub. Now I know most parents have dealt with that happening at least once....and honestly, I don't think it would have bugged me so much if it had just a bit more solidity to it. So I get Ayla out of the tub, dry her off, and put her pullup on her, and go back to start draining the water carefully. Ayla's trying to climb back in to the tub, so I have to wake Sean so I can finish cleaning up, and I get huffed at. :/ I could start a whole rant just from there, but I won't.
The joys (and trials) of motherhood. Tomorrow's another day, I know but I'm not really looking forward to it. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment