About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update

Some of you know, some of you don't know. I had all four wisdom teeth removed Tuesday morning. My face is nice and swollen, and I'm currently grateful that I can take Vicodin and Ibuprofen together. ;) I go next Tuesday morning for follow up with the surgeon.
For those of you that live near me, I really, really dislike the Washington Mercy hospital, more so now than before.
My surgery was done as an outpatient procedure on account of my asthma, and the surgeon worried I might have an attack during, as winter is the worst time for my asthma. Had just gotten the IV put in, and they were finishing up some paperwork, before bringing mom to where I was. I had a slight headache, which I had informed the nurse of. It was about a 2 on a scale of 0-10 (zero being none, 10 being major). It started to get worse, and as I was about to let the nurse know, my vision went white, and next thing I know, I have 4 nurses bent over me, one of whom had his fingers digging into my jaw. I'd blacked out and seized. First time for both. Mom arrived shortly after, and while they'd informed her that I'd blacked out, they weren't going to tell her I'd seized, but I'd mentioned the guys fingers in my jaw, and she questioned them. They admitted to it then. What threw them all off was that there was no apparent reason for me to black out. Blood pressure didn't drop before hand, and all the nurses said I'd looked fine just prior to blacking out. I didn't feel nervous about the surgery. I don't like the feeling I get after waking from being put under but I'd done it before and it didn't bother me enough to cause problems.
Surgery went on as planned. All four teeth were impacted, and the surgeon had to cut into the bone to get the teeth out.
We were back to mom's place by 12:30pm, we'd gotten to the hospital at 6:15am for a 7:30 appointment time.
Mom watched Ayla that day while I was out of it. Jess came over yesterday and helped out. Went to church last night, and while I started to doze off a few times, I made it through. Sean's with me today. Jess and Jeffery have Ayla for a few hours. I will be so glad when I'm completely healed, and am very glad that I won't have to go through that experience again.
So meals consist of either room temp, lukewarm or cold foods (I'm eating ice cream at the moment). Still can't chew. Not too keen on brushing my teeth just yet, so might just stick to the rinse for a few days.
Over all I'm not feeling to bad. Most of the 'pain' is pressure based from the swelling. On an antibiotic too for the next few days. I hate taking meds, so I will be glad when I don't have to take any anymore.
That's my current update for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment