About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Books, I love books

Books have always been my favorite past time. I could go hours reading books. Now that I'm a stay at home mom, that doesn't happen as often. But in the past few weeks I have managed to read quite a few books. I guess it helps that I'm a fast reader.
I grew up reading books that my parents read as kids, such as Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien; Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis; and the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony.
Working my way through the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan and a new (to me) series by Donita K. Paul, whom I found through Pinterest of all things. I really enjoyed that first book, DragonSpell.
Growing up, we've grown up with Disney's renditions of the classic fairy tales. I've found a book series that gives those classic tales a new spin. "Once Upon A Time" series is by several authors, and are very well done. There are about 12 books in the series so far, written by Suzanne Weyn, Cameron Dokey, Debbie Viguie, Nancy Holder and Tracy Lynn.

But what do you do when all your two year old wants to do with books is eat them? She eats anything paper, be it cardboard, coloring paper, paper towels, kleenex, toilet paper. She thinks it's the greatest thing to grab a kleenex out of a box and shove it in her mouth. EWW!
Next few days are going to be fun. Doc appointment for my sis today, and shopping tomorrow. Off to get coffee and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment