About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Monday, February 20, 2012

Interesting morning

Have you ever read something in a book that sounded like it would actually work? I did today.
Coffee was a bit burnt this morning when I got up, since it was made at 3:30am. I've been reading the Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan and in it, the rangers like to drink their coffee with honey. I'm out of creamer, don't feel like getting down the sugar and the honey's sitting right next to the coffee maker. Why not?
It was actually pretty good. I didn't use much, but it was enough. It took away the burnt taste and made it just a little sweet, getting rid of that bitter bite. I think I'm going to have to do that a bit more often, since I now won't have to waste a pot of "burnt" coffee.
Let us know what you've read in a book, be it fictional or non, and let us know what you thought of it. Whether you liked it, or wish you hadn't bothered with it. We'd love your input.
And maybe some morning when your coffee's just a bit burnt, try a dollop of honey in there and see what you think. Let us know if you like it, or just dumped the pot afterward.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I don't think I've tried anything from a book but then again I haven't read anything but textbooks for awhile now. I will definitely need to try honey in coffee though, it sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't use too much honey. You need very little, or otherwise it's too sweet. But definitely a decent alternative to sugar cane and such. And if you have pollen allergies, and drink sweetened coffee, you could get a locally made honey and fight allergy symptoms while enjoying your coffee. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. I read "John Flanagan" and immediately thought it was JOE Flanagan from Stargate Atlantis. Wake up call! :D Maybe I should start with coffee after all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, Kate. Just watch how much you drink, or you'll get addicted to it, and need it daily (like me). So hard a habit to break. Though I did read, 3 cups a day (8oz each) is actually a "healthy" amount. Helps stimulate the brain, and black coffee is even healthier. The things you can find when you look. :)

    ReplyDelete