About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Monday, February 27, 2012

Random Post

This past week was a long one, and a sad one for our family. My dad's dad passed away and we had the funeral Saturday. That was perhaps the longest day of the week, and although we gathered for a sobering reason, it was good to spend time with that side of the family that we don't see often. I really don't have much to blog about. I'm still so tired from last week.
I have been getting to read more lately, which is nice, as I've always loved reading. I finished reading the Ranger's Apprentice series, as it's only 10 books. Sad, as it's a great series, and I can see it being so much longer. I mean, look at the Wheel of Time series. I'm waiting for that last book to be published too. So I am waiting for the local library to get the books I requested in. It's taking longer this time. I'll be starting John Flanagan's second series, which is a companion series to the Ranger's Apprentice. Still reading Donita K. Paul's Dragonkeeper Series. I'm waiting for the fourth book in that one. Hurry up already, library!
I love that I can read books for free, especially nice when you don't have the pocket money to constantly buy books. Which at the same time is good, because Ayla's already tore the back cover off one of my paperback books by Beverly Lewis. *Heartbreak*
Random side note, "tore" is such a funny looking word, I had to look it up to make sure I had it right.
Back on course. I'm really wanting an E-reader more and more. I'll be honest, I know it won't be the same as holding a book of paper and board, but not having to worry bout them being destroyed will be so nice as well....and it'll be easier to take along to wherever, like my sister's OB/GYN appointments.
Do you like to read? Do you prefer actual printed books, or do you have/want a reader? I think printed books are becoming underrated with the new e-books. E-books will never completely be the same as a good old fashioned book. I wouldn't be surprised if they completely quit printing them in a few years, which is a sad thought for me.

I suppose it's a good thing I titled this post "Random", cause I wasn't entirely planning to go on about books, but that's what happened. Oh well. Hope everyone has a good week, as today's only Monday (joy).

No comments:

Post a Comment