About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bees

I know bees are beneficial to the environment, and I enjoy honey, however after this week, I'm building a real dislike for bees. Apparently we have a wood (carpenter) bee nest somewhere around our apartment and they were getting in through holes they'd bored in the outside walls. We've killed about a dozen, and I found more dead. Finally found the inside entrance which was caulked with mortar caulk and the nearby access panel screwed close for safe measure. We've gotten lucky and none of us have been stung by one. However, I'm not willing or inclined to fill Ayla's 3-ring pool so she can play with that while there are still bees buzzing round our "yard". Which is really a shame, because I know she's enjoyed the few times she has gotten to play in it. Hoping this will kill out the nest, though it'll be even better if the landlord would get someone out here to remove them, or kill them off. The one guy working on the outside of the apartments and the one who caulked up their hole is aware of them and is going to get some spray, I hope it's enough.
It's really nice to not hear anymore bees buzzing in the apartment, but I think I'm going to shudder every time I do hear a bee buzz. Bees may now be my second most disliked animal, grasshoppers being the first, and spiders the third.
I had to vent a bit. I hope you all have a great summer, and no bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment