About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November's coming to an end

Had family pictures taken last Saturday, by Wendy from LOL Photography. Of course, that morning I decided I would be getting my hair cut, which happened tonight. It's now a chin length bob cut. Hoping that not having as much hair will help the scalp issue to clear up. 
Have one more dental appointment set up before the year ends. Consultation with the Neurologist is done, have a sleep study scheduled for December. Will do an overnight, and depending on the results of that, may or may not do a continuing test the next day. As I was filling out my forms for the consultation, I decided to ask a couple of aunts on my biological father's side if they knew of any family medical history. None to do with neurology, but others that I didn't know of, and one that can actually cause fatigue unchanged by sleep, called "sarcoidosis". I'm honestly hoping we'll find a cause during the sleep study tests, because the tests for the sarcoidosis would eventually entail biopsies, and depending on where the sarcoidosis is, that could be a lot of trouble. Most the other medical history is heart problems, high blood pressure and diabetes. We'll be keeping an eye on our kids as they get older for diabetes, as several family members have Type 2 and don't fit the normal profile. That really must run in the family, not "fitting the profile" for something. I was told I don't fit the profile for sleep apnea......but then I was told I don't fit the profile for gallbladder problems either, and that was exactly the problem. 

On a different note, packing and leaving for Oklahoma tomorrow to go see Grandma Pat and Papa for Thanksgiving. Dad, Mom, McKey, Ayla and I on a 400 mile car ride. FUN! (not) It will be good to see them. Then back home Friday night, so that Ayla and I can make it to dinner with the Stockton side of the family on Saturday. Ayla keeps asking to see Pawpaw and Grace, so it'll be great that she'll get to see them in a long while. 
Ayla's vocabulary is constantly growing. She's saying "thank you" and "you're welcome" a lot more, but still have to work on the "please". She likes saying "of tourse" (of course) in response to a question. She's gotten black dress shoes, that just happen to make that tap noise when she walks on flooring aside from carpet, so she loves putting them on, and tapping around the kitchen. We really need to get her into some sort of dance and/or gymnastics class. 
Waiting on more picture releases from LOL Photography, and then we'll share a few watermarked images with all of you. :) 
Bed time soon, it's been a long day, and tomorrow's going to be even longer. 
Save travels to everyone traveling for Thanksgiving this week, and may you have an awesome holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment