About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Super Brownies from "Taste of Home Cookbook: Cooks who care edition"


Prep: 20 min Bake: 55 min + cooling


1/2 cup butter, cubed
1-1/2 cup sugar
4-2/3 cups (28oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
3 tablespoons water
4 eggs
5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or pecans, divided (I didn't use nuts)

1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted. Transfer to a mixing bowl; beat in water. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.

2) Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; beat into the chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in two cups of chocolate chips nd 1 cup of nuts. Pour into a greased 13x9-in baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining chips and nuts.

3) Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until center is set (do not overbake) Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. 
Yields about 3-1/2 dozen.


**Note: I didn't use nuts. I used marshmallows, just threw some in. Marshmallows will keep the brownies gooey after the 55 min. I also didn't have 28oz of chocolate chips, I only had about 23oz...so I didn't sprinkle any on top. 
If you make these, let me know how they turned out.

Enjoy!
"Super browines" with marshmallows inside

Am planning on getting more chocolate chips to remake this one sometime the right way, but still without nuts.

Also wanted to share a pic that our mom took of us when we were at her house, October 26th.
Brandy and Ayla on the left. Jessica and Sanatra on the right.

If you make the brownies, let us know how they turned out, and what you did differently, if anything.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment