About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Monday, December 10, 2012

December is here!

"Jingle bells, jingle bells" is what Ayla likes to walk about saying since we got back from Thanksgiving at Grandma's in Oklahoma. Preparing for Christmas, and I bought some jingle bells for her, as there was a dozen for a dollar.  Bought a little 4 foot artificial tree. Had to buy ornaments for it, as only 4 of the ones I owned were light enough to hang on it. So all my other ornaments are still in storage until the time we get a bigger tree.
Fits perfectly on my little octagon table. Decided we're not going to do much of Christmas here. We'll be celebrating with Sean's family on the 22nd, the 23rd is church, and then going to do brunch and spend the day with my family on Christmas day. She'll live with two Christmas's. Not going to buy her anything till after Christmas, so we know what she gets from family, and I'll probably have to go through her old toys again to make room.
Singing the 26th with Mom, and our friends Paula and Trish at church. Only about 2.5 weeks to learn a new song, but looks like the one I found, we're going to learn pretty well.

Going in for my sleep study tomorrow night. Mom's taking Ayla during that. Should be done before church Wednesday night. Taking a few movies and books to keep me entertained during the test Wednesday.
Started watching Doctor Who, beginning with the 9th Doctor. I've found I can't watch it while Ayla's awake, as even though she doesn't get what's going on, some of the episodes may freak her out, so finishing up what I have from the library Wednesday. Going to have to see if mom and dad's library has any Doctor Who, as mine goes from 9th Doctor to 11th Doctor. Kinda defeats the purpose.

I think Ayla is growing again. She's moody, and with a growing vocabulary, she's able to express herself better, though still as adamant as ever about what she wants.

As promised, we got the family pics taken, and had a few taken of Ayla and Sanatra together. Hard to believe that little chunker is 5 months now. So here they are.

 Ayla's learning the concept of friends and sisters thanks to the new Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings movie. Ayla is still a huge mommy's girl, but she's very loving when she's in the mood.
Jessa's birthday is coming up soon. We've decided before New Years, we're going to have mom babysit, and we're going to get away for a day. Probably just window shopping and spending holiday money, but we need a day to us, and neither of us would do much aside from clean if we were to spend the day at home.
Looking forward to it, because as much as I love my family, I need a day to get my sanity back sometimes.

Even though we're into December already, we'll be lucky if we get any snow. December 3rd was a 73 degree day. December's month forecast is averaging days in the 40's, subject to change, especially since our weather people don't seem to be able to forecast the weather, I'll believe we'll have snow when I see it falling and sticking.

That's about it for now, I think. I'll have to get Jessa to post soon, specially since Sanatra is 5 months now, and half Ayla's size. *^_^*

2 comments:

  1. Haha I don't believe it's going to snow either! I love the new pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I haven't even bought Ayla boots yet, cause I don't want to until I know she'll need them with the way she's growing. :p

      Delete