About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pretty good weekend.

It's May now. Saw the neurologist Wednesday, and was put on two pain medicines that I picked up Friday. Took one of them Friday, and did fine. Grandma Pat, Aunt Beth, Aunt Brenda, and Aunt Lela came to town from Oklahoma and Indiana for the Mother/Daughter/Friend Banquet that the church had Friday night for Mother's Day. It was great to see them. Sanatra spent the night with Ayla and I Friday night, and then we went back to Mom and Dad's Saturday to spend the day with family.
Sanatra, Saturday morning, before we left.

Took both medications Saturday, and had an allergic reaction, so I spent most the day on benadryl.
Uncle Ronnie stopped in for a bit to see everyone, and they all ate cake.

 Aunt Brenda, Aunt Lela, Uncle Ronnie, Grandma Pat, Aunt Beth, and Mom.

Sean and I had a couple decks of cards that we'd gotten as a gift that'd never been played with yet,
but they got quite a bit of use this past weekend. Mostly in Euchre.
Uncle Ronnie, Grandma, Aunt Lela, and Aunt Beth playing Euchre in the living room.

It's been raining all weekend. Couldn't go into the kitchen downstairs without shoes on or barefoot because of all the water on the carpet that got into the basement.
Grandma wanted pictures of the lake. Gray and dreary, but a great weekend all considered.

Everyone relaxing watching "Brave" together.

They all went home this morning. 
Since I thought the reaction was to the one medicine, I wound up taking the first medicine again today. That's definitely what I'm allergic to. Not sure if I'm allergic to the second medicine. Not sure I want to find out. It's been another benadryl day for me today. Going to call the neurologist in the morning to find out what we're going to switch to, and get in to see the chiropractor as well. Zoo trip Tuesday with Ayla and Melissa from church. Hoping for a great week for us and you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment