About Joys and Trials

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." ~Micah 7:8 (KJV)

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August update

It's been a little over a month at Six Flags now. It's going pretty well. We go down to weekends only for the next few months as of this week, since the fall semester starts this week. It's going to be weird, I was just getting used to going to work every day, and now it's just weekends. I had an interview at another place, but mom's going for one in a few days, and depending on her schedule, I may just do Six Flags seasonally, and help keep an eye on Mckey and Ayla's homeschooling. Sean's applied for a weekend shift at work, so that'll change a lot too, and that's supposed to switch next weekend.
Mom took Ayla and Mckey to Johnson's Shut-ins and Elephant Rock on a day I worked a double. Ayla had a blast.
Ayla was actually trying to push the rock.

Ayla cut some of her hair last month, so she got a hair cut, and I got mine cut last minute. Six inches gone from my hair.

McKey and I got to play in the park with Aunt Lela and Uncle Darren this past weekend, since they were in town.
 McKey and Uncle Darren on the Superman.

Aunt Lela and Mckey posing with funnel cakes.

Bought myself a new mug from the park, cause I love coffee, and Batman is awesome. 
Got a few other things for Sanatra, Ayla, Mckey and a friend (couldn't resist the last, though she hasn't seen it yet). Dad got a large chocolate turtle, called a "murtle".
Look at the size of that.
Had a good time with them.

I got my new glasses ordered, should be in this week. Surgery is now two weeks away, August 26th. The thought of surgery makes me a bit anxious, but I will be so glad to be done with this double vision.

Other than waiting for surgery, and waiting to see how job interviews and such go, not much else is going on in the meantime. Going to be spending most of the week relaxing and cleaning. Did some cleaning this morning, and am now relaxing a bit. 
Time to think about what to make for lunch, and catch up on the latest episode of Running Man.
Hope y'all have a good week, and to those going back to school, good luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment